Our client is a leader in the rapidly expanding field of online currency trading services for retail and institutional traders. The firm operates out of London, Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney and Sofia.With substantial operations around the world, our client currently has over 150,000 live accounts trading via trading platforms from over 150 different countries.
Purpose of Role
The Compliance Team Leader is responsible for managing the Compliance Team in the Bulgaria office. The Team Leader will be responsible for helping recruit, and assist in building the Team in Bulgaria. The Team Leader will work closely with Compliance Management and provide regular reports of the team’s progress and the status of the Compliance External Financial Promotion Program and flag any high risk areas that should be addressed. The role will require working on initiatives to further develop internal monitoring programs and the ability to work on projects with other team members and departments.
Hours: 40 hours/week. Monday to Friday ( 9:00-18:00 working hours )
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Familiarity with banking regulations in the European Union, Australia and Hong Kong.
• Execute continuous monitoring programs to ascertain the strength of the firm’s internal controls and ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
• Document the results of the monitoring program and report the findings to management while making recommendations to improve policies and procedures to maximize AML Program resources.
• Monitor the reviews of financial promotions produced by clients, business relationships including but not limited to website reviews, social media and advertisements and follow up with relevant business units to ensure that corrective action is taken when necessary.
• Maintain and prepare monthly, quarterly or other reports required by managers and regulators.
• Will work with AML Compliance staff, other Compliance functions, Business Units/Channels, and other internal groups to proactively identify and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement.
• Must have the ability to effectively navigate a global organizational structure to influence and gain consensus from Senior Management across multiple areas of the firm.
• Remaining aware of new laws and regulations relevant to the business and implementing those laws and regulations via AML and External Financial Promotion Policies and Procedures and report real and potential impacts and emerging risks to AML and Business Management.
• Performing root-cause analysis of identified exceptions and developing/documenting plans to remediate.
• In charge of communicating and educating the Compliance team of new products/initiatives.
• Responsible for supervising and leading a team and providing ongoing evaluation of team members and setting performance measures.
• Developing business requirements and leading implementation efforts on ad-hoc AML projects.
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• 2-4 years of prior experience in the banking sector preferably as an auditor or in a Compliance department.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
• Self-starter and able to work with other departments and build smooth working relationships.
• Team player and able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment.
• Strong research skills; analytical and problem solving skills; and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Strong knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements.
• Self-motivated and ability to effectively multi-task.
• Effective decision-making abilities.
• Ability to identify, develop and recommend “best practices.”
• Ability to manage in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective partnerships with colleagues and internal customers.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Compliance Management
• Internal/External Audit
• Regulatory Bodies
• AML, Sales and Systems Trading teams
• Product launch teams and other business units
• Senior Managers and Executives
A summary of the working conditions:
- Opportunity to further develop your skills and potential and grow in a dynamic multinational company
- Competitive remuneration package
- Team building events
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of the recruitment process and will be treated with confidentiality and respect. Confidentiality is guaranteed and protected by law. IC Recruiting Ltd. Recruitment license from National Agency of Employment No 2087/22.07.2016
Please contact us with any questions:
(w) 359 2 811 1366
Recruitment license from National Agency of Employment No 2087 / 22.07.2016